Main Article Content
bone marrow transplantation, Neutropenia, anti SARS-CoV-2 vaccine
SARS-Cov2 s, caused a high mortality in patients with some degree of immunosuppression, like those that receive a hematopoietic progenitor transplant. Since December 2020, several vaccines have been developed having been key in decreasing complications and mortality in this group of patients. Different articles have described the presence of thrombopenia related to the administration of vaccines, however, there are few data on the occurrence of neutropenia as a side effect after administration. We present several cases of neutropenia (defined as absolute neutrophil count (ANC) less than 2,000/mm3), after vaccination in hematopoietic progenitor transplant (HPT) recipients performed in our center during 2021.
PDF Downloads 513
HTML Downloads 234
2. Skowronski DM, De Serres G. Safety and efficacy of the BNT162b2 mRNA Covid-19 vaccine. N Engl J Med. 2021;384(11):10.
3. Baden LR, El Sahly HM, Essink B. Efficacy and safety of the mRNA-1273 SARS-CoV-2 vaccine. N Engl J Med. 2021;384(5):403–416.
4. Lee EJ, Cines DB, Gernsheimer T. Thrombocytopenia following Pfizer and Moderna SARS-CoV-2 vaccination. Am J Hematol. 2021;96(5):534–537.
5. Perricone C, Ceccarelli F, Nesher G. Immune thrombocytopenic purpura (ITP) associated with vaccinations: a review of reported cases. Immunol Res. 2014;60(2-3):226–235.
6. Ali H, Ngo D, Aribi A, Arslan S, Dadwal S, Marcucci G, Nakamura R, Forman SJ, Chen J, Al Malki MM. Safety and Tolerability of SARS-CoV2 Emergency-Use Authorized Vaccines for Allogeneic Hematopoietic Stem Cell Transplant Recipients. Transplant Cell Ther. 2021 Nov;27(11):938.e1-938.e6.
7. Ram R, Hagin D, Kikozashvilli N, Freund T, Amit O, Bar-On Y, Beyar-Katz O, et al. Safety and Immunogenicity of the BNT162b2 mRNA COVID-19 Vaccine in Patients after Allogeneic HCT or CD19-based CART therapy-A Single-Center Prospective Cohort Study. Transplant Cell Ther. 2021 Sep;27(9):788-794.